Those "E" Words:Episcopal Evangelism Workshop
Dates: Friday, May 4, 2012 - 10:00am - Saturday, May 5, 2012 - 1:30pm
Location: Dumas Bay Conference Centre
UPDATE MAY 1: We regret to inform you that as of noon today, registration for this workshop is full. Thank you for your interest!
If you have you ever said: "We know we're a welcoming church, but visitors don't seem to return;" "I'm not sure how to describe my church to people who are interested;" "I love the Episcopal Church. Why don't others know about us?" "I know we're supposed to talk with visitors. How can we do this better?" or "I wish I knew how visitors experience Sunday morning (or evening) here." ... bring a team from your church to this learning and working retreat!This day-and-a-half day "working retreat" will give you the opportunity to:
- Acquire a working definition of "Episcopal Evangelism" suited to your context;
- Work on clearly articulating your congregation's unique identity;
- Learn how to engage with newcomers and visitors as you listen to who they are and tell them who you are;
- Learn how to assess your congregation's welcome to others; and
- Leave with an increased confidence in the next steps you and your congregation can take to grow and share the Good News of Christ as experienced within an Episcopal ethos and character.
Details: 9 a.m. - Friday, May 4 - 2:30 p.m. Saturday, May 5
Dumas Bay Retreat Centre, Federal Way, Wash.
Cost: $50 registration fee per participant (meals, materials and overnight accommodations provided to participants at Dumas Bay).
Congregations who cannot afford this fee can request registration fee assistance.
Teams from congregations are encouraged to come, including those involved or interested in learning more about welcoming newcomers and visitors to your congregation. Individuals from congregations welcome too!
Learn more or ask questions about the content and design of the event by contacting the Rev. Canon Melissa Skelton at email@example.com. Sponsored and designed by the Diocese of Olympia Evangelism Commission. Enrollment is limited!