2020 Diocese of Olympia Clergy Conference
February 9 - February 12
Heat and Light – Harnessing the Energy Generated by Conflict and Anxiety to Move Toward Positive Change
Calling all clergy in the Diocese of Olympia to join us for our 2020 Clergy Conference at the Kitsap Conference Center at Bremerton Harborside! This year’s conference is designed for any working clergy person who has or is experiencing conflict or anxiety in their congregational system. Using tools from congregational development and organization development, we will explore how conflict can be a catalyst for positive change, and learn tools for both managing and harnessing the anxious energy in your organizational system and yourself to move toward increased health, faithfulness, and effectiveness.
Facilitated by The Rev. Canon Alissa Newton and The Rev. Phil Brochard
**You do not need to call to reserve a room at Hampton Inn & Suites – the Office of the Bishop is making arrangements based on your registration.**
**Childcare will be provided.**
- Up to 3 nights lodging at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Bremerton (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) in queen/queen rooms.
- All meals from breakfast Monday through breakfast Wednesday (breakfast for those staying overnight only).
- First 50 adults: $200
- Adults: $250
- Commuters (no overnight lodging): $125
- Child: $25
- Late registrations will be accepted based on hotel capacity at prevailing rates; any increase in lodging cost due to late registration will be the responsibility of the individual.
- Request for additional nights pre- or post-conference will be accepted based on hotel capacity; cost due for extra nights will be the responsibility of the individual paid directly to the hotel at check out.
Some scholarships are available, however, we are asking that you make every effort to have your congregation pay this very minimal fee (most newer LOAs include coverage of the cost of the annual clergy conference by the congregation). We have greatly subsidized this conference so that the cost to you and your congregations can be kept low. Please contact Bishop Rickel at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
Registration Questions: contact Tonja Mathews at email@example.com.
Program Questions: contact The Rev. Canon Alissa Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org.