- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid: Training for Youth Workers
November 16, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
We are excited to offer this free certification course in partnership with Washington State Hospital Association and Crisis Connections for all professionals and volunteers who work with youth between ages 10-24.
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This training is specific to engaging with youth and will cover common signs and symptoms of mental illness in this age group, including:
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- NEW: Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care and the impact of social media and bullying