- This event has passed.
The Diocese of Olympia Vocations Day
September 16 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Curious about whether you have a vocation to the diaconate or to the priesthood? Interested in speaking with others who’re wondering the same? Want to hear from deacons and priests about what their vocations are really like day-to-day?
Come to the Diocese of Olympia’s Vocations Day!
During the day, you’ll get to:
- pray, eat, and connect;
- share where you are in your vocational discernment;
- hear from others who are discerning;
- ask questions of deacons and priests about what their real-life experience is as a deacon or a priest in the Episcopal Church;
- explore special concerns that People of Color or LGBTQIA+ people may have about their vocations; and,
- get acquainted with the basics of discernment processes in the Diocese of Olympia.
This event, cohosted by Bishop Provisional Melissa Skelton and The Rev. Canon Carla Robinson, Canon for Multicultural Ministries and Community Transformation, will be held on Saturday, September 16, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at Diocesan House (1551 10th Avenue E, Seattle – on Capitol Hill near St. Mark’s Cathedral). Any questions? Contact Tonja May at firstname.lastname@example.org or Adrienne Elliott at email@example.com.