The mission of the Bishop’s Committee for the Environment (BCE) is to celebrate and heal God’s creation. We help churches in the Diocese of Olympia find ways to celebrate and heal the earth that fit their congregation. As climate change accelerates and threatens all life with fire, flood, and drought, this mission could not be more urgent.
By networking faith and environment groups throughout the Diocese, the Bishop’s Committee for the Environment shares information and celebrates the successes of our churches.
The Friends of the BCE meet quarterly by Zoom. Everyone is welcome at these meetings. For more information contact the convener (a rotating role) at email@example.com.
What the BCE Provides
- Help getting an Environmental Justice/Faith group started at your church
- Help and encouragement in introducing the Episcopal Household Carbon Tracker www.sustainislandhome.org to your congregation
- Green Grants (maximum of $750) for energy and water saving projects
- Carbon offsets through the Caring for All Creation Partnership with the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Philippines
- A Forum for sharing ideas, research, actions to address the climate crisis
The BCE invites you to learn about Environmental Stewardship in our Community, including Green Grants and Sustainability Successes, Community Gardens, Creation Season, and Earth Day.
To learn more please contact