Spanish Language Translation Coming Soon | Traducción al español próximamente
To the People of the Diocese of Olympia:
On behalf of the Joint Board for Bishop Transition, we are excited to announce the members of the Bishop Search Committee who will soon begin the work of crafting a diocesan profile, interviewing candidates, and ultimately submitting an initial slate of candidates to serve as the next Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Olympia.
We are so grateful for the many, many capable applicants who submitted their names to serve the diocese in this role. For this committee our Diocesan Canons require us to select one representative from each Regional Ministry Area and allow us to select further candidates as needed to create a committee that truly represents the full depth of diversity and experience of the diocese. Taking this into consideration and after reading through applications and references and discussing each applicant, we are excited to announce the members of the Bishop Search Committee:
- The Rev. Elizabeth Riley, Emmanuel Mercer Island (Eastside) (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Cn. Alissa Newton)
- Tieran Sweeny-Bender, Epiphany Seattle (Holy C) (Reference Submitted by Kelli Martin)
- The Rev. Hillary Kimsey, St. Luke’s Seattle (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Danae Ashley)
- The Rev. Donna Greene, All Saints Vancouver (Reference Submitted by Jan Akin)
- Krista Mather, St. Stephen’s Longview (Reference Submitted by Mary Lyons)
- Timi Vann, Holy Cross Redmond (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Cn. Carla Robinson)
- Lillian Springer, St. Matthew/San Mateo Auburn (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Cn. Carla Robinson)
- Laura Meyers, St. George’s Maple Valley (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Bonnie Malone)
- Heidi Eckman, Trinity Seattle (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Sabeth Fitzgibbons)
- Michael Simmons, Epiphany Seattle (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Doyt Conn)
- The Very Rev. Steve Thomason, St. Mark’s Seattle (Reference Submitted by Emily Meeks)
- The Rev. Paul Moore, St. Paul’s/Resurrección Mount Vernon (Reference Submitted by Darcy Wells)
- The Rev. Scott Deasy, Grace Bainbridge Island (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Gen Grewell)
- Cindy Arnberg, St. Luke’s Tacoma (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Marlene Jacobs)
- The Rev. Joseph Peters-Mathews, St. Hilda St. Patrick Edmonds (Reference Submitted by Self)
- The Rev. Bonnie Campbell, St. Mark Montesano (Reference Submitted by The Rev. Kim McNamara)
Please pray for this committee and the work they are about to undertake.
Also, please note that this is just the beginning of our work towards electing and consecrating our next Bishop. Later this summer we will share information about the Transition Committee and an opportunity to apply to serve in that role. The Transition Committee is responsible for planning and executing (in collaboration with our Search Consultants, the Joint Board, and the Diocesan Office Staff) the Meet and Greets, the Electing Convention, the Bishop Consecration, and our new Bishop’s transition into their role (including supporting their family and/or their move, as applicable).
We again want to thank all who were willing to put their name forward for consideration and encourage all in our diocese to engage in the upcoming opportunities to share with the Bishop Search Committee as they continue their work.
The Joint Board for Bishop Transition
The Rev. Nic Mather
The Rev. Stephen Crippen