Traditionally “6-Day” takes place in person at Camp Huston and has served as the culminating event for youth as they graduate high school and transition into young adulthood. Capturing the key touchstones of a long-standing diocesan program and reimagining it in a virtual format was quite the challenge! Participants received a program supply box for the weekend’s activities in the mail featuring a camp T-Shirt, arts and crafts, props, activities, and a portable worship kit complete with custom alter cloth and Chrism. We gathered on Zoom and split our time between all-community activities, small group breakout rooms, and individual challenges – in addition to workshops about racism and mental health. Plus we were fortunate enough to have the presence of THREE Bishops over the weekend!
- It was fun!
- It was overall such an amazing experience & so much fun! I’m really glad I got to do this.
- [I enjoyed] being able to see friends
- My favorite thing about the weekend was just talking to friends while making the little ice creams and donuts
- My favorite part was compline Friday night & Josh Hosler’s workshop
- This event truly exceeded expectations.
Youth from around the diocese are also invited to join two ongoing weekly programs:
- Monday Funday for fun activities and games every Monday at 7:00pm.
- Worship Wednesday to wind down with a Compline service every Wednesday at 7:00pm.
Both programs take place via Zoom and are offered at no cost. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting codes or questions.
For making the program a success, thank you to:
The Worship Team:
- Rev. Josh Hosler (Good Shepherd, Federal Way)
- Rev. Laura Murray (Faith Episcopal, Poulsbo)
- Rev. Karen Haig (St Barnabas, Bainbridge)
- Rev. Alissa Newton (St Columba’s, Kent)
- Rev. James Thibodeaux (St Christopher’s, Olympia)
- Bishop Brian Prior
- Rosa Gibson
The Program Volunteers:
- Paul Alvernaz
- Sister D. Bracher
- Deacon Dad
- Debbie Danioth (camp nurse!)
- Donna Greene
- Robert Graham
- Nicole Silvernale
- Bill Tubbs (Camp Huston, Gold Bar)
- Valerie Reinke (Faith Formation, Diocese of Olympia)
- Bishop Greg Rickel
- Presiding Bishop Michael Curry (via video message)
Thank you especially to:
- The awesome youth of the Diocese of Olympia. The future is bright!