From the Rev. Canon Arienne Davison, Canon to the Ordinary:
As the Office of the Bishop, we are committed to resourcing and networking our congregations and forming leaders through sacrament and service. The work we continue to do in this time of crisis is very important, and with the recent stay at home orders from Govern Inslee, I wanted to make you aware of the ways that your diocesan staff will still be available and working on your behalf through the expanded closures at Diocesan House.
- Phones/Calls: The Office of the Bishop will maintain regular operating hours of 9:00am-5:00pm with staff working remotely. Our staff receptionist, Tonja May, will take calls during our regular operating hours and will be able to transfer as needed. All staff will be receiving calls at their regular extensions and checking voicemail regularly.
- Mail/Packages: Mail will be delivered two days a week. Please do not have packages sent to Diocesan House during this time. If you are able to send correspondence via email, that is also preferable to sending it via physical mail, as there will be limited staff presence inside Diocesan House.
- Staff Contacts: You can reach staff members by following the link to our staff directory. Please click on the link for each staff member for detailed email and phone contact info. STAFF DIRECTORY
- Check Requests: Check requests need to be submitted via email to to Accounting (email@example.com). Requesters will need to attach invoices/receipts and any other supporting documentation, as well as any specific mailing instructions. Checks will be cut and sent on once per week. Please see the attached document “Temporary Accounting Processes Revision” for more detailed instructions.
- Deposits: Deposits will continue to be made once a week. Please see the “Temporary Accounting Processes Revision” document for more detailed information.
- Payroll and Recurring Payments: Payroll and regular payments from the Diocese of Olympia operating fund (grants, etc.) should note be affected by the office closures. Please see the “Temporary Accounting Processes Revision” document for more detailed information.