In the cosmology of North and South American peoples, Turtle Island is the geographic region covering Canada, United States, Central America, and South America. Join together online Sunday, April 25, to worship Jesus with Episcopalians from all over the Diocese of Olympia led by our Circles of Color and focused on the languages, cultures, and experiences of the First Peoples of Turtle Island, with a specific focus on communities from within Province 8. This online service is a chance for diocesan-wide worship, learning, connection, and conversation, as well as an opportunity to give our working clergy a Sunday off from preaching and presiding.
The One Service will include a Town Hall webinar after worship with Bishop Rickel and members of Circles of Color to process the worship experience and go deeper into dialogue around issues of race and culture in our diocese, with special attention to the experiences of Indo-Hispanic/Indigenous peoples and a specific focus on communities from within Province 8. All are welcome, and congregations are encouraged to “attend” together in whatever ways you can – viewing parties, online watch parties, or whatever means are safe and responsible given the state of the pandemic at that time.
A musical prelude featuring music from churches across the diocese will begin at 10:00am and the liturgy will begin at 11:00am.
- 10:00am – Musical Prelude of Music from Around the Diocese
- 11:00am – Liturgy Begins
- 12:30pm – Town Hall with Bishop Rickel and Members of Ethnic Ministries Circles of Color
- SERVICE BULLETIN (In English)
- BOLETÍN DE SERVICIO (En español)
- ONE SERVICE OFFERTORY (All offering funds will go to Indigi-Aid, an organization that benefits indigenous communities in North Dakota, South Dakota, Alaska, and Navajoland Area Mission as a response to the Covid-19 crisis. Select “One Service” on the dropdown menu under “Giving Options.”)
- SERMON TEXT (In English)
- SERMON TEXT (In Arabic)
- SERMON TEXT (In Dinka)
- SERMON TEXT (In Khmer)
- SERMON TEXT (In Japanese)
- SERMON TEXT (In Spanish)
- SERMON TEXT (In Traditional Chinese)
- ETHNIC MINISTRIES CIRCLES OF COLOR
- ETHNIC MINISTRIES CIRCLES OF COLOR NEWSLETTER
- THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH’S RACIAL JUSTICE AUDIT
- BACKGROUND ON THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH’S RACIAL JUSTICE AUDIT PROCESS
- PATHS TO UNDERSTANDING